Community Enrichment Program
Each year, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) council awards financial grants to local non-profit organizations or societies that benefit the resort community and move it closer to the Whistler2020 vision.
To qualify for the grants, applicants must be operating in one of the following categories:
- Social services
- Community service
- Recreation and sport
- Arts and culture
The amount provided to each selected organization varies but can only be up to 50 per cent of a program's total cost.
The Community Enrichment Program has been created to support Whistler2020, a comprehensive sustainability plan describing what Whistler aspires to be in the year 2020 including values, sustainable principles, vision, priorities and directions that define success and sustainability for the resort. The Community Enrichment Program supports the plan by allowing community groups to bring forward and define their sustainable programs and explain how their initiatives help move Whistler towards becoming a sustainable community.
The RMOW is now accepting Community Enrichment Program applications from community groups looking for financial assistance for 2014.
Each interested community group will be required to complete an application form and appear before Whistler council. All approved funding will be issued no later than April 30, 2014.
Application forms are available online or at the reception desk of Municipal Hall, 4325 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C., Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Please submit applications to:
Legislative Services Department
Resort Municipality of Whistler
4325 Blackcomb Way
Whistler, BC V0N 1B8
Phone: 604-935-8115 Fax: 604-935-8109
Applications must be recieved by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 14, 2014.
Community organizations new to the CEP process are welcome to contact Shannon Story at 604-935-8812 or via email at email@example.com prior to February 6, 2014 for a one-on-one meeting.
In 2013, 26 applications were received with a total of $249,940 in grant requests.
A total of $136,976 in grants was awarded to 26 separate programs/organizations:
- Get Bear Smart Society $7,500
- Howe Sound Women’s Centre – Children Who Witness Abuse $5,000
- Howe Sound Women’s Centre – Whistler Women’s Drop-in Centre $7,600
- MPCS - Parent Advisory Council $2,000
- Sea to Sky Community Services - Whistler Parent Tot Drop-In $10,000
- Sea to Sky Invasive Species Council $4,000
- Whistler Naturalists Society $4,000
- Whistler Adaptive Ski Program $20,000
- The Point Artist Run Centre Society $1,500
- Whistler Writers' Group $0*
- Whistler Gymnastics Club $6,000
- Whistler Minor Hockey $5,000
- Whistler Nordics Ski Club $8,000
- Whistler Off Road Cycling Association $15,000
- Whistler Sailing Association $5,000
- Whistler Valley Quilters' Guild $600
- Whistler Waldorf School Society $1,500
- Whistler Youth Soccer Club $9,500
- Whistler Children’s Chorus $2,000
- Whistler Secondary School Scholarship $2,000
- Whistler Centre for Sustainability $2,000
- Whistler Girl Guides - Coast Mountain District $2,000
- Whistler Sea Wolves $3,165
- Zero Ceiling Society $4,500
- North Shore Schizophrenia Society $2,651
- Moving Mountains for Whistler Children - Music Together Program $2,500
- Community Foundation of Whistler $3,960
TOTAL AMOUNTS $136,976
* Funding received from alternate source for project