Late & Unique Nighttime Alternatives (LUNA) has been providing healthy nightlife events, engaging young adults in meaningful learning opportunities, and helping to shape Whistler’s visitor experience since 2003.
From 2003 to 2011, LUNA has
- contributed to a 20% reduction in alcohol-related calls to the RCMP
- engaged over 13,000 people in alcohol-free nightlife
- provided event and leadership training to 52 young adults age 18-35
- produced 275+ events
- contributed over 6,200 volunteer hours to our community
- been awarded the Innovative Community Capacity Building Award by the Canadian Cancer Society / BC Healthy Living Alliance
- helped with Whistler's largest-ever power consumption reduction for Earth Hour 2011
LUNA will resume in November 2012.
Visit LUNA at www.lunawhistler.com