The Resort Municipality of Whistler is currently studying a potential new well supply source located along the Valley Trail (between Rainbow Park and Lorimer Road). Read more.
Whistler Olympic Plaza is a scalable, flexible, and easy to use site for any festival or arts and village animation event. With a range of event equipment and supplies on hand, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) helps make holding an event there even easier.
After almost 40 years of collaborating on festivals and events in Whistler, the RMOW has acquired a stock of first-rate event-related equipment. From cable covers to garbage bins, risers and crowd barricades, the RMOW has a list of rentals designed to make your event easier.
These items are available to for a nominal fee when third-party producers or groups book Whistler Olympic Plaza. However, a refundable damage deposit specific to each item must be paid before picking up the equipment. Additional renter responsibilities include:
- arranging with RMOW for pickup and return
- replacement of damaged equipment
- securing equipment onsite
- proper installation and removal of equipment
- labour costs if installation is required
Designed with maximum functionality in mind, Whistler Olympic Plaza is a flexible space that can easily customized to suit any event. The site can provide a weather-protected venue for 10 to 1000 people or be configured an outdoor venue for 10 to 5,000 plus people.
Key features include:
The Performance Pavillion
- A permanent outdoor structure, the Performance Pavilion, covering a flat floor space of approximately 600 sq m (6,400 sq ft) offers weather protection, flexible performance rigging points, base-level lighting and audio controls, as well as improved acoustical properties.
- The Performance Pavillion stage can be built out to 12 x 18 m (40 x 60’), with space for 600 seats or 1,000 standing.
- The Performance Pavillion’s supporting facilities: washrooms, back of house — including a central audio, visual, lighting and power control room — storage, and service access.
A Flexible Space
- Two locations for large “main stages” give choice in venue design and allows for a second large stage options.
- The combination of lawn, seating stairs and terraces provide a variety of performance and festival opportunities.
- Strategically-place audio, video, lighting, performance power, event patch panels, and “plug and play” infrastructure makes connecting multiple performance areas simple.
- A flood lighting system that permits creative and festive lighting of design pieces such as the Games Cauldron, Olympic Rings and the Paralympic Agitos.
- A fibre optic backbone links all performance areas at Whistler Olympic Plaza. The cable also connects to the fibre optic network that runs through Whistler Village linking the facility to other Village gathering spaces and the Whistler Conference Centre. This allows broadcasting of an event at The Plaza throughout the entire Village Stroll. Click here for more on the fibre optic network.
- Unlike other venues that stay empty when the lights are down, The Plaza, with its Grand Lawn, afternoon sun, accessible playground and comfortable seating, is destined to become an important gathering place.
Whistler Olympic Plaza, let the future begin.