All applications to film in Whistler need to be submitted in writing along with the
Film Permit Application.
Whether filling out a hard copy or filling out the online form, completing the Film Permit Application is simple, providing that producers, directors or photographers have the following production information.
Film Permit Application Process Interested parties can easily fill out the film permit application online.
Producers, directors or photographers will need the following pieces of information:
- Preferred dates and times of location shoots
- Number and type of vehicles that will be used at shoot
- Construction and staging details
- Special effects details (snow, rain, explosion, fire, stunts, animals, gun fire, etc.)
- Craft service details
- Noisy equipment usage details. (For example: helicopters, generators, snowmobiles and diesel vehicles.)
All of this information is necessary for the film permit application to be assessed, as all commercial filming in the Resort Municipality of Whistler has to comply with civic bylaws.
Film Permit Application Form and Fee
The completed Film Permit Application must be accompanied by a $125 application fee. Payments can be made though Visa, MasterCard, debit, cheque or cash.
Click here to complete and submit your application.
Click here for more information on application fees.