Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 6 p.m., Maurice Young Millennium Place
Library Board seeks trustees
Applications are being received for Trustee positions on the Whistler Public Library Board. The appointments are for a two-year term and are effective January 1, 2013.
The Whistler Public Library Board of Trustees is appointed by Whistler council and manages the municipal library. Responsibilities include appointing a Chief Librarian, being financially responsibility for the operation of the library, and preparing an annual report for the Provincial Minister responsible subject to the terms of the Library Act.
- A resident or an elector of Whistler.
- Not a Whistler Municipal employee.
- Not a Library employee.
- The Board consists of eleven (11) members. Ten (10) are selected from the community and one (1) member from the Municipal Council.
- The Board selects a Chair and Vice Chair at its first meeting in each year.
- The Board must meet at regular intervals at least six (6) times a year.
- Meetings are currently held on the first Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
For further information on the responsibilities of the Board members, please contact Gordon Annand at 604-932-2598 or email@example.com.
Please submit applications to:
Resort Municipality of Whistler
4325 Blackcomb Way
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 604-935-8109
Deadline for submission:
Applications will be accepted up to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2012.