The Administration department of the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) manages the affairs of the organization in accordance with the policies and programs approved by council.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) assists council in the development of strategic plans that guide the resort community. The CAO executes the policies and objectives adopted by council and provides the coordinating link between council and municipal staff. The CAO is assisted by the general managers and the communications, legal services and human resources departments.
The Administration department is also responsible for:
- Ensuring effective and efficient coordination, directions and control of all financial and general administrative affairs and operations of the municipality.
- Providing leadership, advice and guidance to council and staff in the development and implementation of strategies, policies and programs that meet the needs of the resort community.
- Working with the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District on strategic issues affecting the region and the municipality.
- Carrying out periodic reviews of the organization structure and staff evaluations to ensure attainment of council’s objectives.
- Monitoring emerging issues and trends to assess the potential impact on the municipality.
- Ensuring effective financial and administrative systems are in place, which maximizes the effectiveness of resource utilization within the objectives, policies, plans and budgets established by council.
- Developing and implementing plans to ensure the acquisition of effective management of the fiscal, physical, and human resources required by the municipality.
- Managing all protocol requests made to the RMOW.
For more information on the RMOW Administration department, contact 604-935-8103.