Parking in Whistler
Whistler is pedestrian-friendly, has a robust transit system, and Whistler’s neighbourhoods, schools, and parks are connected by the 40-kilometre long paved multi-use Valley Trail. From April through October, there are bike parking racks installed throughout Whistler Village, the Upper Village, Whistler Creek and in municipal parks for free bike parking. For those who drive, there are several parking options within Whistler Village and the surrounding neighbourhoods.
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are over 6,200 parking spaces available throughout Whistler, including in Whistler Village, Day Lots 1-5 and Whistler Blackcomb’s parking lots at Base 2 on Blackcomb Mountain and Whistler Creekside.
- Parking is free in Day Lots 4 and 5, Base 2 and Whistler Creekside, as well as free after 5:00 pm in the Day Lots 1 – 3.
- Monthly parking passes for Day Lots 1-3, the Whistler Conference Centre parkade and the Whistler Public Library parkade are available for only $30 a month.
- Electric Vehicle Parking Stations are available in the Whistler Conference Centre parkade, Day Lot 1, Meadow Park Sports Center, the municipal hall parking lot and the Public Works Yard.
- Motorcycle parking is available at the Whistler Conference Centre and Marketplace.
- Short-term parking for itinerant commercial buses is permitted in Lot 4.
- Smart Park Meters offer savings for hourly parking for on-street municipal parking.
- You can pay your parking ticket online.
Parking in Whistler
The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) operates various parking operations in Whistler Village, as well as manages Day Lots 1-5 in conjunction with Whistler Blackcomb. Parking is further supplied by Whistler Blackcomb and other privately-run operations for a total of 6,200+ parking stalls in the Village.
- Municipal operated parking in Whistler Village
- Day Lots 1-5
- Whistler Blackcomb’s parking lots on Blackcomb Mountain and in Creekside.
- Privately-run parking facilities
- Parking in Whistler subdivisons
- Accessible parking
- Parking regulations
|Location||First Hour||Second Hour||Third Hour||Fourth Hour||24 Hours||Evenings
(5 p.m. - 10 a.m.)
|Sundial Crescent||$2||$3||-||-||-||-||-||2 hrs|
|Visitor's Loop||$2||$3||-||-||-||-||-||2 hrs|
|Main Street||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Municipal Hall||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Village Green/ Crystal Lodge||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Conference Centre/ Underground||$1||$1||$1||$1||$10||$5||$30||24 hrs x 7 days|
|Library Underground||$1||$2||$2||$4||$10||$5||$30||24 hrs|
Gold Parking Permit
Gold Permit holders have the option to park in any Day Lots (subject to availability), the Conference Centre underground, the Conference Centre surface lot, and on Main Street at any time when those lots are open. A maximum of 20 Gold Permits are available. The Gold Parking Permit is a joint venture between the RMOW and the Day Lot Operating Committee.
Marketplace businesses provide and maintains 30-minute and two-hour parking spots at no charge for their customers.
Whistler Village also has more than 1,200 privately-owned underground parking stalls. Most hotels offer user pay parking for registered guests and visitors and a number of these lots offer daily and monthly rates.
Privately operated over-height underground parking is available under Whistler Town Plaza, accessed off of Blackcomb Way. The maximum height is 12.2 feet or 3.7 metres. Please contact Whistler Town Plaza for rates.
- Parking is not permitted on the odd side of the street at any time, year-round in Whistler subdivisions. Parking is permitted on the even side unless signed otherwise.
- Winter parking regulations are in effect November 1 through March 31. Parking on the even side of the street is prohibited Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to make it easier for snowplows to get through subdivisions. Illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
- The municipality does not govern or maintain strata/condo parking lots, private roads and driveways.
Pay for Parking Tickets Online
Did you know you can pay your parking ticket online? There’s no need to make a trip to Municipal Hall.
You can also dispute a municipal parking ticket online using the Parking Dispute Form.