Village Host Program
Part of what makes Whistler Village so appealing is its friendly Village Host volunteers. The Village Host Volunteer Program is a building block in the Visitor Experience Strategy and is overseen by the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW). The mandate is to enhance the resort experience, ensuring that visitors’ expectations are consistently met and exceeded.
What do the Village Hosts do?
Volunteer Hosts are a highly visible group, with significant guest contact. We assist visitors by:
- Providing way finding assistance
- Offering general Whistler information and history
- Offering various options for visitor participation in arts, culture, and sporting events available in our community
- Promoting community events and performances
- Informing visitors about Whistler’s 2010 Legacies
- Demonstrating community pride and enthusiasm
- Sharing the spirit of the Whistler community with visitors
- Participating in building a skilled and active community volunteer base
Village Hosts volunteer year-round in the Village Host kiosks located near Village Square and Whistler Olympic Plaza. They can also be found walking the Village Stroll providing assistance and seeking out visitors requiring guidance and direction.
Click here to read more.
Local community members of all ages and backgrounds are involved in the Village Host program. Volunteers are friendly, outgoing and caring and most importantly, are knowledgeable and passionate about Whistler.
Contact us with any questions or comments about the program. We would love to hear from you! Emaili firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604-935-8478
Apply now with the Village Host Program
In Person: Village Host Office,