Cross-Country Skiing and Snow Shoeing
Cross-Country Skiing and Snow Shoeing is now closed for the 2012/2013 season.
Explore the Lost Lake cross-country trails and experience winter in Whistler from an entirely different perspective. With approximately 25 kilometres of groomed and track set trails, Lost Lake offers incredible views of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Enjoy the new amenities of the Lost Lake PassivHaus; ski and snowshoe rentals, lessons, cafe, washrooms and daylodge area (with kitchenette).
The trails are groomed daily for classic and skate techniques, with four kilometres lit for night skiing. Over 10 kilometres of maintained snowshoe and Nordic hiking trails are also open to the public.
Maintained by the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW), Nordic skiers can check out excellent groomed and trackset trails through Lost Lake Park and the Chateau Whistler Golf Course.
The Lost Lake cross-country ski and snowshoe trails operate on a user fee system and are not open to walkers or dogs during the winter season. Dog owners are reminded that they are responsible for knowing and abiding by the municipality's dog regulations. Skiers with dogs are welcome on the groomed Valley Trail from Meadow Park to Rainbow Park and on the muli-use trail at Green Lake.
Experience the Nordic side of Whistler today! For more information call 604-935-PLAY (7529).
- Getting Here
- Hours of Operation
- Lost Lake Passivhaus
- Trail Information and Maps
- Rentals and Lessons
- Programs and Volunteering
- More Information
- Tickets and Passes
- Whistler Olympic Park
Visit Cross Country Connection on the edge of Whistler Village for trail passes, rentals and lessons. Cross Country Connection is located in the PassivHaus, next to the ski patrol hut at the trailhead of Whistler's Lost Lake Trail Network (off Lorimer Road).
The free village shuttle will drop users off at the corner of Lorimer Road and Blackcomb Way (Day Lot 4).
- Open 7 days a week through the season
- 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. from opening day to closing day
- Call 604-935- PLAY for Holiday hours
- On site retail shop offering both classic and skate ski rentals as well as snowshoes rentals, lessons and tours. Call 604-905-0071 or visit www.crosscountryconnection.ca for more information.
- Daylodge facilities including washrooms, self-serve kitchenette and public seating
- Full service cafe offering soup, sandwiches and specialty coffees
- Winter ticket booth
- Energy efficient design
- Facility available to rent for private functions and events. Call 604-935-8366 for details
- 4 km Lost Lake Loop: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 10 km Snowshoe trails: 8 a.m. to dusk
- 4 km Nicklaus North Golf Course: 9 a.m. to dusk
- 4 km Nicklaus North Golf Course. New day ticket available for this area only at 50 per cent off regular rates: 9 a.m. to dusk.
(Please note that rentals are not available from this location)
- 8 km Lost Lake Trails: 8 a.m. to dusk
- 8 km Chateau Golf Course: 10 a.m. to dusk
During the cross-country ski season, classic and skate ski equipment and snowshoes are available for rent at Cross Country Connection in the Lost Lake PassivHaus. They also offer ski tuning, Nordic ski accessories and lessons and tour packages for individuals or groups. Washrooms, daylodge, food and beverage also provided in the PassivHaus.
- Click here for courses offered through the RMOW's 2012-2013 Fall/Winter Recreation Guide.
- Click here for more information on programs and volunteering on the trails.
- If you still have not found what you are looking for, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Tickets are available for purchase at the Lost Lake PassivHaus and Meadow Park Sports Centre. Rates do not include applicable taxes.
- Click here for the 2012/2013 snowshoe and cross-country fee schedule.
- Click here for the 2012/2013 Lost Lake and Dual Area snowshoe and cross-country pass rates.
* Night skiing start at 3 p.m.
**Ultra pass allows access to the Meadow Park Sports Centre on the same day
***Must show completion of Spirit course