- The Resort Municipality of Whistler was incorporated on September 6, 1975 as the first resort municipality in Canada.
- 24,405 hectares/60,305 acres
- 11,854 permanent residents (2016 Canada Census)
- 3.48 million annual visitors (2016/17)
- 430.5 cm average snowfall in the valley
- 914 cm average snowfall in the alpine
- – 8º to 3º C average winter temperature range
- 9º to 27º C average summer temperature range
- 668 m elevation of Whistler Village
- 2,182 m elevation of Whistler Mountain peak
- 2,284 m elevation of Blackcomb Mountain peak
- 128 km of municipal roads
- 551.3 hectares of municipal parks
- 40 kilometres of Valley Trail
- 25 kilometres of Lost Lake cross-country ski trails and 15 kilometres of Lost Lake snow shoe trails
For more facts and figures, visit Community monitoring and whistler.com.