Seniors are a valuable part of Whistler's community. Along with contributing many working years to the community, Whistler's seniors provide a valuable historic knowledge of the community, typically have a high degree of volunteerism, provide greater demographic diversity, and contribute to stronger family and social structures.
Whistler Community Services Society - Outreach Services
The Whistler Community Services Society (WCSS) outreach workers support and enhance the quality of life for Whistler residents by providing resources and referrals, developing opportunities for social interaction and fostering partnerships with other community and health resources. For more information, visit mywcss.orgl or phone 604-932-0113 for more information.
The Whistler Housing Authority - works together with seniors to increase seniors housing options in the community. opportunities. Read more.
- Whistler.ca accessibility information - The resort community recognizes the heightened responsibility it has to continue to provide residents and visitors, regardless of age or ability, with a seamless resort experience based not only on accessibility, but also on inclusivity. Read more.
- Seniors' One-Stop information line for the Sea to Sky Corridor: 1-877-892-2231
- Savvy Whistler Magazine - includes community specific information regarding aging in place as well as a detailed resource guide.
- Read about aging in Whistler on the WCSS blog.
- BC211 help line - 211 is a confidential, multilingual telephone service available in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Squamish-Lillooet and Sunshine Coast Regional Districts. The line provides free information and referral to a full range of community, social, and government services, and operates twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Sea to Sky Better at Home - offers support services to help seniors with simple non-medical day-to-day tasks, make it easier for them to stay in their own homes, remain independent, socialize and stay connected to their community.
- Whistler's Mature Action Community (MAC) is a registered, non-profit organization formed to address seniors issues, social needs and housing, that long-term residents may comfortably age in place. Read more at www.whistlermac.org
- Whistler Senior Ski Team - Ski improvement on Whistler Blackcomb for skiers 55 to 99. www.seniorskiteam.com.
- RMOW Adult Recreation and Leisure programs - Check out the recreation guide at whistler.ca/recreation.