Non-resident business

Sometimes a contractor is based outside of Whistler, but is performing work in Whistler. The contractor requires a non-resident business licence.

Some common non-resident businesses in Whistler are:

  • construction related trades
  • consulting
  • engineering
  • spa services, including RMT

Non-resident business licence applications are reviewed by the Bylaw Department to ensure they meet bylaw regulations.

Apply for a business licence

Apply online for a non-resident business licence.


Typically a non-resident business licence annual fee is $190. A one-time, nonrefundable application fee applies to all new applications. Learn more about licence fees and payment options.


Bylaw Department 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email