A Park Inventory Open House will be held on Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 4 to 6 p.m. Details will be announced soon.
Over the next 12 months, there will be a range of open houses, surveys and online opportunities for you to use your OUTSIDE VOICE, have your say and be part of #MyFutureWhistler. Whistler’s Parks Masterplan will build off the Recreation and Leisure Master Plan completed in 2015.
The RMOW is excited to launch OUTSIDE VOICE, a year-long conversation with the community to develop a master plan for the future of Whistler’s parks.
Whistler's parks are a cornerstone of the experience that sets Whistler apart from other places and resorts in North America and were developed with leading-edge park planning. It’s now time to come together to look at our world-class parks and decide how to keep them vibrant and fresh well into the future. The Whistler resident and visitor population is growing, and the needs of the community are changing.
Together let’s determine how to retain what works and identify areas for investment and maintenance so we can continue to meet Whistler’s evolving needs.
Developing Whistler’s Parks Master Plan is a multi-step engagement process that involves:
- Assessing: Looking at what we have today and creating an inventory
- Imagening: Putting ideas together to create and assess options
- Designing: Developing conceptual designs to move plans into action
Listening to the community has been embedded into each step of the process and continues the forward-looking community engagement planning that was foundational to the update of Whistler’s Community Vision and Official Community Plan.
The plan will be reviewed by the Recreation Leisure Advisory Committee and Whistler Council.
Discovering (now to January 2019)
- During the Discovering Stage, an inventory of park assets and ideas for investments will be collected.
- Community engagement opportunities:
- Park Inventory Open House: December 6, 4-6 p.m., location to be announced.
- Outside Voice Survey: Open from December 7 to 20
Imagining (early 2019)
- During the Imagining Stage, the program strategy and priorities for the Parks Master Plan will be developed.
- Community engagement opportunities to be announced in early 2019.
Designing (late 2019)
- During the Designing Stage, conceptual designs will be completed for the prioritized parks.
- Community engagement opportunities to be announced in 2019.