The purpose of this project is to line our existing sewer main and manholes to prevent corrosion, and extend the lifespan of the existing infrastructure. The sewer main and manhole lining is a trenchless technology; this method is less disruptive to the community. Not only will the lining of the sewer mains and manholes prevent corrosion, but also decrease groundwater infiltration into the sewer system.
The work proposed for 2023 will take place in multiple locations throughout Whistler, along the Valley trail and roadways.
- Nicklaus North
- Golden Bear Place
- Mons Court
- Whistler Cay
- Whistler Cay Drive at Hwy 99
- Whistler Village
- Valley trail at Hwy 99 & Village Gate Boulevard
- Village Stroll from Village Square to Il Caminetto
- Village Stroll along Golfer's Approach
- Panorama Ridge
- Juniper Place
- Arbutus Drive
- Valley trail along Hwy 99 from Whistler Golf Club to Blueberry Drive
- Blueberry Drive
- Night Hawk Lane
- Valley trail along Hwy 99 from Whistler Road to London Lane
- Whistler Road, at the Vale Inn, towards Cavendish Way
- Whistler Road at Wolverine Crescent
- Eva Lake Road, south of Helm Place
- Garibaldi Way near the intersection of Nordic Drive
- Nordic Drive at Bear Cave Lane and Deer Fern Lane
- Tamarisk/Function Junction
- Millar Creek Valley Trail, from Alta Lake Road to Function Junction
- Winter 2023 - Procurement and Council Award
- Spring to fall 2023 - Construction
More information about what to expect during construction will be shared once the contract has been awarded. Work will be scheduled to take place in sections to minimize disruptions.
Residents can expect traffic disruptions on sections of the Valley Trail and roadways, as well as increased numbers of construction vehicles and equipment in the surrounding area.
Signs will be posted in the affected areas. Exercise caution in construction zones and obey all traffic control signage and personnel.