The project is currently in the procurement phase for construction activities. An invitation to tender for construction was posted on January 20, 2023.
The assessment and design were completed by R.F. Binnie and Associates Ltd. in 2020 and 2021.
The purpose of this project is to complete preventative maintenance and replacement of valves and fittings along the water and sewer mains. Replacing the selected valves and fittings along the water and sewer mains will extend the lifespan of the existing infrastructure, and mitigate future unplanned repairs.
Water main and repair location
- Valley trail on the north side of 4388 Northlands Boulevard
- Northlands Boulevard, from the cul-de-sac to the north side of Main Street
Sewer Main repair location
- Valley Trail along Hwy 99 between Village Gate Boulevard and Lorimer Road
- Northlands Boulevard, between Lorimer Road and Main street
- End of Spruce Grove Way on the Fitzsimmons Creek flood water berm
There will be water service shutdowns and interruptions during construction. Notices will be delivered to impacted residents 72 hours prior to shutdowns.
Expect equipment noise and increased numbers of construction vehicles. Pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured around the work site. This will be clearly marked with traffic cones, and traffic control persons when required.
- 2020/2021 - Assessment of water and sewer systems, and designs
- Winter 2023 - Procurement and Council contract award.
- Spring to fall 2023 - Construction