The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) is inviting qualified engineering Consultants to provide design, tendering services, construction inspection and overall project, contract management and contract administration for the RMOW's Alta Vista Utilities and Roads Replacement Program. The program includes replacement of water mains, sanitary sewers and storm water drainage infrastructure in the Alta Vista neighbourhood. Affected roads are to be resurfaced along with those that are identified as requiring rehabilitation.
The program will replace sections of A.C. (asbestos cement) water main pipe in the Alta Vista neighbourhood with the intent to minimize the risk of failure of the aged pipes, reduce lost water to leakage, and reduced maintenance costs in the area. The program will also replace sections of concrete sanitary sewer pipe in the Alta Vista neighbourhood with the intent to rehabilitate degradation caused by H2S corrosion, minimize ongoing odour issues in the area, and to eliminate the current potential for sewer backups from the trunk main sewer. The replacement of storm water drainage infrastructure and degraded road surfaces are to coincide with the replacement of the water mains and sanitary sewers.
The extent of the program is expected to include the following:
- Replacement of approx. 2,800 metres of water mains;
- Assessment and required design of approx. 130 water lateral lines;
- Replacement of 1 PRV station to address confined spaces concerns;
- Replacement of approx. 1,800 metres of sanitary sewer mains;
- Assessment and required design of approx. 70 sanitary lateral lines;
- Capacity review and design assessment of approx. 2,600 metres of trunk main sanitary sewer; (Addendum 2)
- Replacement of approx. 80 metres of storm water sewer mains;
- Replacement of approx. 880 metres of storm water culverts;
- Assessment and required design of 2 storm water lateral lines;
- Assessment and required design of approx. 2,000 open storm water ditches;
- Installation of a storm water overflow culvert;
- Repaving of approx. 1,900 metres of two lane roads; and
Repaving of approx. 900 metres of Valley Trail, modified to be grade separated from the adjoining road.
Addendum #1 Posted April 13 with the following reports attached:
Water Utility Infrastructure Rehabilitation Study (AECOM, 2014);
Sanitary Sewer System Maser Planning (KWL, 2015);
Alta Vista Sewer Laterals Surcharging Study (KWL, 2014);
Sanitary Sewer Condition Assessment (MJP, 2017);
Whistler Integrated Storm Water Management Study (KWL, 2010);
Lakeside Creek Flood Hazard Assessment (KWL, 2012); and
Pavement Network Present and Future Status Summary Report (Stantec, 2014).
Addendum #2 posted April 19, with the following updates:
- Extend of RFP closing date to May 4, 2018 at 4:00pm;
- Clarification in deliverable requirement; and
- Answers to various questions.