Two of the Primary Sedimentation Tanks (PST) located at the Whistler Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) require new inlet gate valves. This project includes removing and installing six inlet gate valves that allow flow from the Influent Distribution Channel (IDC) into PST 1 and 2.
The scope of work for the project is as follows:
- Project planning.
- Cleaning and rehabilitation of the influent distribution channel concrete.
- Removal and replacement of existing six (6) inlet gate valves for Primary Sedimentation Tanks (PST) 1 and 2. The new gates will be supplied by the owner.
- Installation and maintenance of a temporary bypass system for the influent flow to allow entry to the Influent Distribution Channel (IDC).
- IDC cleaning and rehabilitation.
- Replacement of one (1) owner-supplied mixer in the IDC.
- Installation of new owner-supplied inlet gate valves.
- Construction must be completed by the substantial performance date identified in Invitation to Tender to allow PST#1 and #2 to be brought back into wastewater treatment service.
- IDC and all spaces below the walkway elevation are confined spaces. The Contractor must meet all WorkSafeBC requirements for confined space access while working in these spaces.
- Clean up and restoration of all temporary work is to be to original or better condition.