Single Family House or Duplex Renovation Application

Submit an application to construct a renovation in an existing single family house or duplex.

A Building Permit is required to construct a new building or structure, or to demolish, relocate, repair, alter or make additions to an existing one.

Use this application if you want to: 

  • construct a renovation in an existing single family house, or
  • construct a renovation in an existing duplex. 

This typically means that you are: 

  • planning to alter the interior or exterior of a single family or duplex home that already exists,
  • but you will not be adding floor area. 

If you need further clarification, please follow the steps for home owners.

All applications must be made in person at the RMOW Building Department front counter.  The completed application package, two sets of applicable drawings and applicable engineering are required at time of application. Consult the application checklist for additional requirements that may apply to your permit application.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email