Whether you are looking for something fast-paced, intense, fun or mellow, the array of fitness classes on offer means there is something for everyone.
Indoor Fitness Classes
Starting September 8 all included fitness classes will be available for online registration up to 72 hours in advance, and will be located in the main indoor studio at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
All included fitness classes will be available with your active MPSC membership or by paying a single class fee, and reservation will be required for entry.
Book your Group Fitness Class
- Classes size is a maximum of 15 participants to allow for physical distancing
- Your reservation includes access to the fitness class only. The pool, change rooms and shower facilities remain closed. To utilize the gym, you must make a separate reservation.
Book your spot in a class up to 72 hours in advance:
Passholders who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having trouble booking a class? Here is a step-by-step how to guide just in case.
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 24-hours before the class by emailing email@example.com or calling 604-935-PLAY (7529).
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
Guest who no-show or cancel inside of 24 hours will be charged.
- Playtime Cards: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Active Member Passes: Annual and monthly pass holders will be charged a $6 cancellation fee (equivalent to 1 punch off a 30x card)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled, and your membership will be frozen for 14 days.
Be prepared for your upcoming visit
Prior to entering the facility
- Arrive dressed in your workout clothes with your gym shoes in hand no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class
- Limited storage space will be available on-site, so please only bring necessary items
- Change rooms, shower facilities and lockers will be closed off
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle
General Guidelines for use
- Stay home if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Self-isolate after travel and after exposure to ta confirmed COVID-19 case
- Sanitize your hand prior to entry
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet at all times
- Follow the directional arrow and keep your distance
- Adhere to maximum capacities of guests permitted in each room at one time
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility including the pool, change rooms or showers
- Do not congregate in large groups
- Participants will need to agree to the verbal PAR-Q and verbal COVID-19 questionnaire prior to each class
Prior to attending your class
- Do not congregate in the lobby. Access the studio is one person at a time while maintaining the required 2 meters of physical distancing
- Follow the one-way directional arrows to get to your desired location; no loitering in the hallway
- Each user will be given a bottle of sanitizer and a rag to wipe down their mat and equipment both before and after use
During your class
- Individual workout spaces will be designated during your class. Stay within your workout space
- Sanitize your mat and equipment before and after use
- Washrooms are available in the squash lobby
- A water fill station is available in the squash lobby
Exiting the fitness studio
- Please return the sanitizer bottle and deposit your used rag at the studio exit door
- When exiting the studio, leave only 1 person at a time and ensure the lobby is clear
Body Pump Boot Camp: Get strong, lean and fit with this class. Recruiting all the main muscle groups, this fun workout will get your muscles burning, your heart rate up and you will leave sweaty, stronger and satisfied.
Boot Camp: This class brings the traditional outdoor workout inside the gym. Come ready to get sweaty with military style drills body weight exercises, cardio intervals and strength training in a fun group setting. You will push yourself harder than you would if you were on your own, increasing your strength and cardio capacity.
High Impact Fitness: This all body workout will focus on raising your heart rate and burning fat. Bring your smiles and positive vibes for a great workout class that will tick all your fitness boxes.
Low Impact: Strength and Stretch: Join this class to get a fun, full body workout in a safe and non-competitive environment. Move to music getting stronger and more mobile with each exercise. Goals will be to increase strength, balance, aerobic capacity and coordination. Low Impact does not necessarily mean low intensity so be ready to work hard and reap the benefits. Suitable to seniors and those returning to exercise from injury.
Mountain Ready Fitness: Train your body for all your mountain life activities. Full body strengthening and core conditioning combined with targeted mobility and cardiovascular intervals, this class has you covered. Suitable for everyone looking to make the most out of mountain sports, from complete beginners to seasoned pros.
Sweat Effect in the Studio: Move with intention and plan to break some barriers. This high intensity, high impact and fast moving class is designed with creative exercise combinations and repetition patterns that will increase your metabolism, strength and all around fitness level by busting through your comfort zone.
Sweat it Out!: This high intensity interval class will leave you breathless. Class format will include 3-5 minute intervals of explosive exercises sandwiched with appropriate rest time so we can go again and again and again!
Yoga for COVID Times: Change is the only thing that is constant in life. How we adapt and work with change has an effect on our lives. Change is real now, it has been for the last 6 months especially. Yoga is a practise that helps you get into your body, work with the present time and the changes that occur moment to moment. This Yoga class is a flow style suitable for all levels. It will give you a chance to move your body, breathe, build resilience and reset.
Zumba: This class is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™ No dance experience required. Zumba is for all shapes and sizes. Bring a smile and your sneakers and get ready to have fun dancing away the pounds.