The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is an inspiring place to ice skate outdoors with your family and friends, surrounded by majestic scenery, the twinkle of festive lights and the iconic Olympic rings.
Whistler Olympic Plaza outdoor rink now closed for 2018/2019 season
Due to unseasonably warm temperatures, the skating rink is now CLOSED for the 2018/2019 season. Indoor skating is available year round at Meadow Park Sports Centre. For more information about public skating times, please view the monthly drop-in activity schedule at whistler.ca/recreation.
Facilities and activities
- 150 skater capacity
- A kids' section Game Zone with supplied plastic sticks and pucks
- Helmets and skate aids (no charge)
- Adjacent Snow Zone for snow play
- Last day of 2019 season: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m
- Maintenance closure: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 5 – 6 p.m.
*Skating at Whistler Olympic Plaza may need to close unexpectedly due to weather conditions. For up-to-date information, call 604-935-PLAY, and press 3.
Note: To keep the rinks safe and family-friendly, hockey and figure skating are not permitted at Whistler Olympic Plaza.
Public skating is also available at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
Free admission! Skate rentals are $6. Helmets and skate aids are available at no charge.
Planning a birthday party? Want to host a work event? The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is available for rentals.
Capacity: 150 skaters