The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is an inspiring place to ice skate outdoors with your family and friends, surrounded by majestic scenery, the twinkle of festive lights and the iconic Olympic rings.
Whistler Olympic Plaza opens November 29
The first day of operations for the 2019/2020 season will be Friday, November 29, 2019. Indoor skating is available year round at Meadow Park Sports Centre. For more information about public skating times, please view the monthly drop-in activity schedule at whistler.ca/recreation.
Facilities and activities
- 150 skater capacity
- A kids' section Game Zone with supplied plastic sticks and pucks
- Helmets and skate aids (no charge)
- Adjacent Snow Zone for snow play
- First day of 2019/2020 season: Friday, November 29, 2019
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 6 – 8:30 p.m
- Maintenance closure: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. and 5 – 6 p.m.
- Restricted holiday hours:
- December 24: 11am - 1:30pm, 2:30 - 5pm and 6 - 8pm
- December 25: 12 - 4pm
- December 31: 11am - 1:30pm, 2:30 - 5pm, and 6 - 10pm
*Outdoor skating at Whistler Olympic Plaza may need to close unexpectedly due to all weather conditions. For up-to-date information, call 604-935-PLAY, and press 3.
Note: To keep the rinks safe and family-friendly, hockey and figure skating are not permitted at Whistler Olympic Plaza.
Public skating is also available at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
Free admission! Skate rentals are $7. Helmets and skate aids are available at no charge.
Planning a birthday party? Want to host a work event? The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is available for rentals.
Capacity: 150 skaters