The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is an inspiring place to ice skate outdoors with your family and friends, surrounded by majestic scenery, the twinkle of festive lights and the iconic Olympic rings.
Indoor skating is available year round at Meadow Park Sports Centre. For more information about public skating times, please visit whistler.ca/skate.
Facilities and activities
- First come/first served, no reservations
- Limited capacity on ice surfaces
- Skaters are encouraged to bring their own skates and helmets
- Helmets are encouraged, limited supply available (no charge)
- Skate aids (no charge)
- Adjacent Snow Zone for snow play
- School Groups must book in advance to secure space. Only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12:30-1:30 p.m. Contact email@example.com to secure your date
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- 6 to 8:30 p.m
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- 5 to 6 p.m.
- December 24: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2:30 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.
- December 25: 12 to 4 p.m.
- December 31: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2:30 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 10 p.m.
- January 1: Regular hours with maintenance closures
Outdoor skating at Whistler Olympic Plaza may need to close unexpectedly due to all weather conditions. For up-to-date information, call 604-935-PLAY, and press 3.
Note: To keep the rinks safe and family-friendly, hockey and figure skating are not permitted at Whistler Olympic Plaza.
Public skating is also available at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
- Admission fee: $2, if you bring your own skates
- Skate rental: $8, includes admission fee
- Helmets and skate aids are available at no charge.
Ice Rental information
Planning a birthday party? Want to host a work event? The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is available for rentals from 9-10 p.m. only.
Capacity: 50 skaters
Ice Rental contact only