Check out the Fall 2016/Winter 2017 Recreation Guide!
You can also download a PDF version of the guide.
The Spring/Summer 2017 Recreation Guide will be available online and in print on Thursday, March 9
See below for the upcoming Spring/Summer registration dates.
How to Register
- Resident registration for Spring/Summer 2017 programs begins Sunday, March 19 (online at 12:01 a.m. and by phone or in person at 9 a.m.)
- Non-resident registration for Spring/Summer 2017 programs begins Sunday, March 26 (online at 12:01 a.m. and by phone or in person at 9 a.m.)
Plan ahead to ensure registration is successful.
- Online (link is external) for all programs except Flexreg. (Flexreg programs can be identified by the letter F beside the program title.)
- In Person at Meadow Park Sports Centre or the Myrtle Philip Community School
- By Phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529)
- To be fair to all customers you may register for only yourself and your family.
- Full payment is due at time of registration. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or debit card are accepted for payment.
- Registrations by phone must be paid in full with a credit card.
- All program fees have taxes added where applicable.
Resident customers, who intend to register for a recreation program, should verify their resident account status by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Resident customers, who are not registered property owners (i.e. renting a residential unit in Whistler), will be required to go to the Meadow Park Sports Centre to create a resident account with the following identification to verify residency:
- Driver’s license matching civic address; or
- Cheque matching civic address and picture ID; or
- Utility bill with civic address and picture ID; or
- Lease with civic address and picture ID.
Resident customers may be required to prove their Whistler residency on an annual basis to maintain their resident account status.
Note: Customers will no longer have access to create an account online through the online registration system.
Flexreg (flexible registration) is an option that allows you to register for specific days of a program that are most convenient for you. Flexreg programs can be identified by the letter “F” beside the program title.
Flexreg programs are not available for online registration.
Registration Service Agreements
The Resort Municipality of Whistler has partnered with various organizations that provide quality specialty programs that we cannot offer ourselves. These organizations are responsible for the delivery of the program and can be recognized in the program descriptions by their organizational logo or “RSA” beside the program name.
If you have any questions about establishing a Registration Service Agreement with the RMOW, please contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8369.
P.L.A.Y. - Program and Leisure Assistance for You
The RMOW wants everyone to have an opportunity to have access to municipal recreation programs and services. You and each family member may be eligible for financial assistance.
To find out if you qualify for P.L.A.Y., contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8369 or Whistler Community Services Society at 604-932-0113.
Kidsport(link is external) Whistler accepts individual applications for funding to assist with registration or equipment costs for children and youth aged 0 to 18 years for registration club sport programs. Limited funding is also available for Pemberton residents.
Applications are confidential and should be made through the office of Whistler Community Services Society (link is external)at 604-932-0113.
Non-resident Registered Program Fee
The RMOW has a Non-resident Registered Program Fee policy for recreational programs, at a surcharge rate of 33 per cent.
Only certain registered programs (e.g. swimming lessons, skating programs, fitness programs, etc.) are subject to the non-resident fee.
Drop-in rates, passes, licensed childcare programs, personal training programs and Registration Service Agreement (RSA) programs are the same price for residents and non-residents. For further details on the Non-resident Registered Program Fee, click here.
Cancellations and Refunds
A minimum number of participants are require to recover costs for recreation programs, and programs can be cancelled if people wait until the last minute to register. Avoid disappointment – register early.
Programs with insufficient registration will be cancelled up to seven days prior to the start date, and the RMOW will issue a full refund.
If an individual cancels from a program seven days or more prior to the start of a program, a full refund, minus a $20 administration fee, will be provided. No refunds will be issued after this period. In medical cases, refunds are pro-rated and a doctor’s note is required.