The Resort Municipality of Whistler hosts tournaments at its recreation facilities. The following is information about the upcoming Spring Summit Series 2016 hockey tournaments at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
Spring Summit Series 2017
- Armchair Old-timers I - April 7-9 Men’s 50+ Competitive/55+ Recreational (12 teams max) $850
- Armchair Old-timers II - April 21-23 Men's 40+ Competitive/45+ Recreation (12 teams max) $850
- Spring Summit Original - April 28-30 Men’s 35+ C/D Division (12 teams max) $850
- Spring Fling I - May 5-7 Women’s 19+ A/B Division (12 teams max) $850
- Spring Fling II - May 12-14 Women’s 30+ C/D Division (12 teams max) $850
- Spring Social - May 19-21 Co-Ed 30+ Recreational (6 teams max) $850
- Registration begins January 1, 2017. Email email@example.com with completed registration form to confirm your spot. First come, first served.
- Full payment is required at time of registration.
- A 50% refund will be granted if a team withdraws within 30 days of their tournament start date.
- NO REFUND will be given to teams that withdraw within 14 days of their tournament start date.
Games and Scheduling
- Each team is guaranteed 3 games between Friday and Sunday.
- Game times may start as early as 12 p.m. on Friday. BE PREPARED TO PLAY THEN.
- Only teams with an excess of 5 hours travel time, or at the mercy of a ferry schedule will be considered for later start times.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled game time.
- THE SCHEDULE WILL BE PUBLISHED 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT.
Age and Division Restrictions
- Refer to division restriction sheet for specific qualifications
- All players must abide by the age restrictions set for their tournament.
- Goalies may be within 5 years of the set age requirement **
- Players may be asked to provide identification for proof of eligibility.
- Players cannot play for two teams within the same division. Goalies may be considered.
- These are CARHA-sanctioned tournaments. Please refer to CARHA for extensive tournament rules and regulations.
** ALL players of Women’s Spring Fling I must be 19yrs+ before or on the start date of their tournament. No exceptions.
All teams are responsible for finding their own accommodations during the tournaments. Whistler has an abundance of hotels, condos, and vacation rental properties that are available for group reservations.
Food and Beverage
- Players will receive food and beverage discounts to select bars, pubs, and restaurants.
- The privately-run concession at Meadow Park will be open with limited hours.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted within Meadow Park Sports Centre.
Tournament Coordinator – Resort Municipality of Whistler