After School Art at the Audain Art Museum
After School Art offers students discourse and activities which will deepen their knowledge and understanding of the history and methods of art-making in British Columbia.
This program is made possible through the generosity of Allen Bell and Ola Dunin-Bell.
Through these sessions, students will gain:
- An understanding of different ideas, materials and techniques used in carving, painting, and photography.
- An appreciation for the continuity and change of artistic styles over time.
- An appreciation for the socio-historical and cultural contexts of artworks.
- An awareness of the diverse art forms in British Columbia.
- An awareness of cultural and artistic exchange in British Columbia.
Dates & Times
Sessions will run on the first Thursday of May & June (K-2) and the third Thursday of May & June (grades 3-6). Each session will run from 3:00pm to 4:30pm.
The Spring Session will include two classes per age group. Registration for both sessions happens at the same time.