The Whistler Pemberton Newcomer Services supports immigrants and newcomers to adapt to life inCanada through understanding their rights and responsibilities, finding the programs and servicesthey need and connecting and integrating with the community.
- Information and referrals. Needs and Assets Assessments
- Settlement counseling and personalized support to help individuals or families navigate service systems and address family and personal adjustment needs.
- Assisted access to services and guidance social and cultural contexts
- Opportunities to connect with other newcomers as well as Canadians and Indigenous people and longer‐term residents, services, and events in the broader community.
- English language learning programs
- Access to government and local services
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities
- Filling in documents and forms
- Canadian immigration and citizenship processes
- Health and healthcare information
- Social Benefits – like Employment Insurance and Child Tax Benefit,. Employment information, Workplace skills, preparation and training
- Banking, Finances and the Tax System in Canada
- Local Community Services and family programs
- English language practice, including conversation groups and one‐to‐one tutoring. Support for reading, writing, listening, speaking and communication skills
- Immigrant Peer Educator Program and Community Leadership Program
Contact – email@example.com and wpnewcomers.ca and 604.698.5960 or Settlement Services drop‐in: Whistler Public Library – Mondays: 12‐3pm & Wednesdays: 2‐5pm