The Resort Municipality of Whistler uses social media to help the community access municipality information easily, stay informed, express opinions freely and enter into constructive discussion.
RMOW social media channels are monitored during regular business hours. For after-hours emergency contacts visit whistler.ca/contact . For emergencies call 9-1-1.
Community comments and discussion are welcomed on RMOW social media channels. These channels are an open forum that are respectful and courteous of all users.
All content, and user contributions need to follow the Community Use Guidelines (the “Guidelines”). At the sole discretion of the RMOW, posts that do not follow the guidelines will be deleted. Repeat offenders may be blocked.
- No violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist posts, links, or images
- No Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation; or any other component protected under the BC Human Rights Code
- No comments that are, at the sole discretion of the RMOW, considered harassing, abusive, threatening, or defame any person or organization
- No comments that are unrelated to the topic of the page or posts
- No solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or not-for-profit organizations
- No comments promoting or opposing any person who is campaigning for election to a political office
- No comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- No repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated
By posting on the RMOW’s social media channels, you agree to these terms and conditions. These community guidelines are subject to amendment or modification at any time without notification.