RMOW moves to contactless Kids on the Go registration for Fall 2020
Fitness classes move outdoors, modified Meadow Park Sports Centre re-opening planned for mid-August
July 9, 2020: Whistler, B.C. – The Resort Municipality of Whistler’s afterschool care program, Kids on the Go (KOTG), will be moving to a contactless registration process this year due to COVID-19 physical distancing measures and limits to gatherings of over 50 people.
This means families will not line up in person to register for Kids on the Go programs for the 2020/2021 school year.
The new contactless registration system takes into account feedback from families from the 2019 Kids on the Go survey that looked at afterschool childcare needs as well as preferred ways to register for the program.
For families with children who attended KOTG from January 2019 to August 2020:
- Children will be prioritized for registration by the total number of days they attended KOTG and summer camps from January 2019 to August 2020. Days where children were registered but cancelled and did not attend will not be included.
- Families are asked to send an email to KOTG@whistler.ca by Monday, August 3, 2020 with all of their requested dates for the 2020-2021 school year. Emails will be accepted at any time until that date, but prioritized by the conditions above. Families that do not provide requested dates by 11:59 p.m. on August 3, 2020 will be required to register as new families.
- Children who are starting Kindergarten in 2020 who have siblings who have attended KOTG will be registered for the same dates as their older sibling(s), if requested. Kindergarten sibling registration will be in the same priority as their older sibling.
Families not registered in Kids on the Go between January 2019 to August 2020:
- New families will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrollment on Sunday, August 9 starting at 6 a.m. at www.whistler.ca/kotg
- Prior to waitlist registration on August 9, families will need an active recreation account in Perfect Mind in order to register. Recreation account sign up can be done by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-7529 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New families will be contacted by phone in order of waitlist position beginning at 6 a.m. on August 9 to register their child(ren).
- Parents are responsible to ensure their financial details are up to date in our registration system.
- Payment for full day Pro-D days, collaboration days, Christmas Holidays and March break will be required at registration.
- Afterschool care will be charged monthly, the first day of each month.
As with previous years, we ask families to register only for the days they are certain they will require afterschool care so that we are able to accommodate almost all families. By implementing the priority system based on previous KOTG attendance, we feel confident there will be space for most of the children of families that require afterschool care. The RMOW understands that COVID-19 has led to uncertainty in many people’s employment. If you are uncertain, please register only for the days you know you will need afterschool care.
The KOTG cancellation policy will remain the same. One full calendar month is required for a refund (cancel by August 31 for any October dates registered, etc.)
The KOTG program will continue to follow the CoVid-19 protocols this school year that we have in place for our summer camps. If you have any questions about our safety measures or anything else, please call or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Recreation News:
Outdoor fitness classes at Meadow Park Sports Centre begin on Monday, July 13. Visit www.whistler.ca/fitness for the July schedule and details about how to purchase a COVID-19 class pass and register for outdoor classes. Unlimited classes are included in the pass which is $30 for July and $40 for August. Class size will be limited to 25 participants. The class pass must be purchased in advance online.
RMOW staff are still working towards a phased approach to re-opening municipal facilities. Meadow Park Sports Centre is currently in the planning stages of a modified reopening of the weight room, cardio and stretching room as soon as safely possible and in accordance with provincial health and BC Recreation and Parks Association guideline with a targeted timeline of mid-August.