The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) is the second largest employer in Whistler providing programs, services, and infrastructure to Whistler’s 12,000 residents and 3 million annual visitors.
Whistler’s vision is to be the premier mountain resort community as we move toward sustainability.
At the Resort Municipality of Whistler, we are passionate about living and working in Whistler and understand the importance of truly taking advantage of all that Whistler has to offer.
To help employees achieve a positive work-life balance, the RMOW offers:
- A compressed work schedule for full-time employees, which includes a day off (flex day) every two weeks
- Health and wellness programs
- Fitness facilities*
- Self-funded leave*
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits packages (for eligible employees), which may include:
- BC Medical Service Plan (MSP) coverage
- Extended health benefits, including vision care, prescription drugs and paramedical visits (e.g. physiotherapy, massage therapy, and chiropractor)
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Computer purchase program
The RMOW also offers the following to eligible employees:
- Training and professional development to help eligible employees maintain credentials and certifications and stay current in the workforce
- Education funding for those looking to enhance their skills or advance their career
Please note: Compensation, some lifestyle programs, and benefits vary depending on the position, eligibility, and length of employment.
The RMOW does not offer staff housing. However, the following organizations provide local housing resources: