The Illegal Spaces Task Force is a Select Committee of Council.
The task force was created in 2011 to consider how to address illegal space in single-family homes throughout Whistler. This included illegal space constructed in underground areas, such as basements and crawlspaces, and spaces within large volume areas, such as a vaulted space and attics. In 2012, the Task Force helped RMOW staff develop gross floor area exclusion rules which were added to the Zoning Bylaw in 2012.
Currently the Task Force and RMOW staff are working to review and refine these regulations.
- Chris Addario
- David Girard
- Duane Jackson, Chair
- Jim Charters
- Jake Belobaba, Committee Secretary, RMOW Senior Planner
- Joe Mooney, RMOW Manager of the Building Department
- Mike Kirkegaard, RMOW Director of Planning
- Geoff Playfair, RMOW Fire Chief
- Kay Chow, RMOW Recording Secretary
As required at Municipal Hall.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
*The Illegal Spaces Task Force committee minutes are subject to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
|August 22, 2016|
|May 16, 2016|
|May 11, 2015|
|March 20, 2014|
|March 5, 2014|