The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) is a Select Committee of Council consisting of council, staff and community members – each bringing a unique perspective in determining key considerations relative to community planning and management of future land uses and activities within the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
The SPC was established with the adoption of the Terms of Reference on May 28, 2019, with the objective to act in an advisory capacity, to support Council in its decision making related to community and land use planning and growth management.
- Provide input to long term strategy development for community and land use planning activities within the municipal boundaries;
- Provide strategic input for potential amendments to the Official Community Plan (OCP) and major development projects being considered in the RMOW;
- Establish guiding metrics and targets to effectively manage and balance Whistler’s resort and community capacity while protecting Whistler’s unique sense of place and meeting the community’s long term needs.
SPC Committee Members
- Chair: Mayor Jack Crompton
- Duane Jackson, Councillor
- Arthur De Jong, Councillor
- Virginia Cullen, Chief Administrative Officer, RMOW
- Toni Metcalf, General Manager, Resort Experience, RMOW
- Mike Kirkegaard, Planning Director, RMOW
- Emily Amirault, Member-at-Large
- Dave Brownlie, Member-at-Large
- David Dale-Johnson, Member-at-Large
- Robyn Spencer, Member-at-Large
- Dave Williamson, Member-at-Large
- Jason Inkpen, Strategy & Economic Development Manager, RMOW
- Richard Kemble, Economic Development Analyst, RMOW
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
* Strategic Planning Committee minutes are subject to Section 90 of the Community Charter. These meetings are closed to the public.
|July 22, 2020|
|February 24, 2020|
|December 10, 2019|
|October 21, 2019|
Economic Development Department