The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) is a Select Committee of Council consisting of council, staff and community members – each bringing a unique perspective in determining key considerations relative to community planning and management of future land uses and activities within the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
This Committee was established with the adoption of the Terms of Reference on May 28, 2019, with the objective to act in an advisory capacity, to support Council in its decision making related to community and land use planning and growth management.
- Provide input to long term strategy development for community and land use planning activities within the municipal boundaries;
- Provide strategic input for potential amendments to the Official Community Plan (OCP) and major development projects being considered in the RMOW;
- Establish guiding metrics and targets to effectively manage and balance Whistler’s resort and community capacity while protecting Whistler’s unique sense of place and meeting the community’s long term needs.
Council Representatives: Mayor Jack Crompton (Chair), Councillor Duane Jackson and Councillor Arthur De Jong.
- Emily Amirault, Member-at-Large
- Dave Brownlie, Member-at-Large
- David Dale-Johnson, Member-at-Large
- Robyn Spencer, Member-at-Large
- Dave Williamson, Member-at-Large
- Virginia Cullen, Chief Administrative Officer, RMOW
- Jessie Gresley-Jones, General Manager, Resort Experience, RMOW
- Mike Kirkegaard, Planning Director, RMOW
- Toni Metcalf, Manager, Economic Development and Tourism Recovery, RMOW
- Rebecca Zalmanowitz, Strategy Analyst, RMOW & Recording Secretary
As required, via Zoom until further notice.
Please note we are returning to in person meetings beginning December 10th, 2021.
Meeting agendas and minutes
* Strategic Planning Committee minutes have been subject to Section 90 of the Community Charter. Minutes will be posted for the December 10, 2021 meeting as this meeting contains topics that are open to the public.
|December 10, 2021|
|October 18, 2021|
|August 23, 2021|
|May 25, 2021|
|February 22, 2021|
|October 26, 2020|
|August 24, 2020|
|July 22, 2020|
|February 24, 2020|
|December 10, 2019|
|October 21, 2019|
Economic Development Department