Meetings of the Zero Waste Select Committee will be held over Zoom until further notice.
The Zero Waste Committee is a Select Committee of Council.
The panel provides advice to municipal staff and Council on matters relating to:
- Sharing understanding of the solid waste management systems in Whistler and around B.C.
- Waste management best practices
- Partnerships to coordinate actions for achieving waste reduction in the community
- A community-wide Zero Waste Plan identifying initiatives to bring Whistler towards a zero waste designation
Council Representatives: Councillor Cathy Jewett, Chair, and Councillor Arthur De Jong
- Andrew Tucker, Manager of Transportation and Waste Management, RMOW
- Marie-Lou LeBlanc, Squamish Lillooet Regional District
- Thea Zerbe, Whistler Blackcomb Representative
- Kerren Bottay, Restaurant Association of Whistler
- Tom McColm, Canadian Home Builders Association
- Lori Pyne, Whistler Community Services Society
- Claire Ruddy, AWARE
- Anita Auer, Crystal Lodge
- Sue Maxwell, Citizen at Large
- Cheeying Ho, Whistler Centre for Sustainability – Facilitator
- James Hallisey, RMOW, GM Infrastructure Services
- Lauren Harrison, Recording Secretary
As required, via Zoom until further notice.
Meeting agendas and minutes
|May 19, 2022|
|November 9, 2021|
|February 25, 2021|
|October 22, 2020|
|June 25, 2020|
|February 21, 2020|
|December 13, 2019|