The Whistler Voter Guide is an innovative online tool designed to simplify the voting process and better prepare electors to vote in the Whistler 2017 By-Election. The Whistler Voter Guide takes only a few minutes to read through and allows users to determine in a few clicks if they are eligible to vote, and how and where to vote.
There are nine different outcomes when you use the Whistler Voter Guide.
Voter types and scenarios include:
- Resident Elector on General Voting Day or Advance Poll Days
- Resident for Mail Ballot Voting/Resident for Curbside Voting
- Resident for Mail Ballot Voting
- Non-Resident Sole-Property Elector Voting on General Voting Day or Advance Poll Days
- Non-Resident Sole-Property Elector for Mail Ballot Voting or Non-Resident Sole-Property Elector for Curbside Voting
- Non-Resident Sole-Property Elector for Mail Ballot Voting
- Non-Resident Shared-Property Elector Voting on General Voting Day or Advanced Poll Days
- Non-Resident Shared-Property Elector for Mail Ballot Voting or Non-Resident Shared Property Elector for Curbside Voting
- Non-Resident Shared-Property Elector for Mail Ballot Voting
Mail Ballot Voting
WHO CAN VOTE BY MAIL?
Qualified electors may vote by mail if they:
- have a physical disabilty, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity; or
- expect the be absent from the Resort Municipality of Whistler on General Voting Day and at the times of all advance voting opportunities.
REQUESTING A MAIL BALLOT PACKAGE:
To vote by mail, electors must submit an Application to Vote by Mail to the Resort Municipality of Whistler by 4 p.m. on October 26, 2017. Application forms are available on our website at whistler.ca/election and at Municipal Hall. Voters may submit their mail ballot application forms:
By hand, mail or other delivery service to:
Resort Municipality of Whistler
Whistler Municipal Hall, Chief Election Officer
4325 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4
By fax to: 604-935-8109
By email to: email@example.com
The Resort Municipality of Whistler will send out mail ballot packages commencing on October 12, 2017. To be counted, your mail ballot must be received by the Chief Election Officer no later than 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 28, 2017.