The purpose of the project is to provide a safe and continuous pedestrian pathway in Function Junction.
The 2019 Function Junction pedestrian path upgrades are completed and planning is underway for 2021 improvements down Lynham Road.
The 2021 scope includes the following:
- One CN Railway crossing upgrade at the traffic intersection.
- One crossing at the end of Alpha Lake Road to the new valley trail.
The work will be completed in two phases- from the fall of 2018 through 2019:
- Phase 1 – Alpha Lake Road at-grade pedestrian pathway – Completed Section 1 Fall 2018.
- Phase 2A – Alpha Lake Road at-grade pedestrian pathway - Implementation in 2019.
- Phase 2B - Millar Creek intersection paving, at-grade pedestrian pathway and cross walk - Implementation in 2019.