The purpose of the project is to provide a safe and continuous pedestrian pathway in Function Junction.
The 2019 Function Junction pedestrian path upgrades are completed and planning is underway for 2020 improvements down Lynham road.
The 2020 scope includes a paved at grade pedestrian pathway from Alpha Lake road intersection to the end of Lynham road where it will meet the new paved valley trail.
The 2019 project scope includes a paved at grade pedestrian lane with the following features:
- Marked at-grade pedestrian pathway.
- Installation of 2 new crosswalks on Millar and Alpha Lake Road.
- Installation of new flashing lights at all crosswalks.
- Traffic-calming curbs.
- Relocation of 2 bus stops on Alpha Lake road to facilitate safer passenger loading and unloading.
The work will be completed in two phases- from the fall of 2018 through 2019:
- Phase 1 – Alpha Lake Road at-grade pedestrian pathway – Completed Section 1 Fall 2018.
- Phase 2A – Alpha Lake Road at-grade pedestrian pathway - Implementation in 2019.
- Phase 2B - Millar Creek intersection paving, at-grade pedestrian pathway and cross walk - Implementation in 2019.