The RMOW is pleased to announce that funding was secured through the Tourism Dependent Community Fund provided by the Government of British Columbia for snowmaking equipment at Lost Lake Park.
This project includes a connection to an existing water supply line, piping, and a connection infrastructure for snowmaking equipment. The system will provide seasonal fire protection. In addition, the project is intended to include a micro-hydro generation plant to develop electricity to operate the snowmaking system and complement the park’s electrical needs. Construction is anticipated to occur in the Fall of 2022.
Scope of work
- Installation of water pipe from the tie-in point to Lost Lake cul-de-sac.
- Construction of micro-hydro structure and return structure.
- Installation of water line and hydrant in events area in Lost Lake Park.
This project is currently in the design and constructability review phase. Construction will begin in the Fall of 2022.
- Spring 2022 – Design and Constructability Review
- Fall 2022 – Procurement and Council Award
- Fall 2022 – Construction
What to Expect During Construction
There will be limited access to Lost Lake Road and the Cul De Sac. Civil construction activities include heavy equipment is required to excavate and bury waterlines and restore the landscape and paved surfaces. All efforts will be made to limit the disruption to park users and adjacent residents.
Facilities Construction Management