A building condition assessment of Meadow Park Sports Centre was conducted in 2014 and this revealed the need to upgrade the walls and windows due to deterioration as a result of poor design and construction practices.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade aging sections of Meadow Park Sports Centre to restore building envelop integrity and improve energy performance. This project will consider planned mechanical system upgrades in its design to address and improve overall building energy performance. An application for external funding will be explored to assist with incremental capital costs related to energy performance.
Scope of work
- Completion of detailed design
- Removal and replacement of existing walls and windows for the natatorium
- Removal and replacement of clerestory arena windows
- Upgrade walls and windows to address leakage and heat loss resistance.
This project is currently in the planning and energy efficiency study phase. Invitation to tender will be posted on the RMOW website and BC Bid website.
- Winter 2021/2022 – Planning and Energy Efficiency Study
- Spring/Summer 2022 – Detailed design, grant, and Council presentation
- Spring 2023 – Construction
Facilities Construction Management