The purpose of this project is to decommission three underground pressure reducing valve (PRV) stations that are no longer required in our distribution system and to upgrade three additional PRV stations. The upgrades of three PRV stations will bring them from below-grade vaults to above-ground kiosks.
- P249 - 4001 Highway 99, Golf Course
- P253 - 3001 Brio Entrance
- P272 - 5801 Alta Lake Road
- 7146 Nesters Road
- Move PRV at Lake Placid Road East at Highway 99 - Upgrade to 2149 Lake Placid Road
- 2135 Whistler Road
The design for this project was completed in 2021. The project is currently in the procurement phase. Invitation to tender was posted on the RMOW website and on BC Bid, January 6. 2022 and is scheduled to close on February 8, 2022. Construction will begin in the Spring of 2022.
Timeline and Scope
- 2020/2021 - Design
- Winter 2022 - Procurement and Council Approval
- Spring to Fall 2022 - Construction
During construction, expect equipment noise and increased number of construction vehicles.