As part of the RMOW annual electrical maintenance and rejuvenation program, sections of the valley trail will see upgrades to lightning.
Scope of work
- Lake Placid Rd – Hwy 99 to Nita Lake Lodge - Replace incandescent heads with LED
- Valley Trail section from London Lane to Whistler Rd - Replace incandescent heads with LED
- Valley Trail section from Blueberry Dr to Whistler Golf Club - Replace incandescent heads with LED
- Valley Trail section from River of Golden Dreams to Alpine Way - Wood pole replacements
This project is currently in the planning and procurement phase. Construction to begin in Spring 2022
- Spring 2022 - Procurement
- Late Spring and Fall 2022 - Construction
What to Expect During Construction
Expect minor disruption to pedestrian commuter routes. Traffic control persons will be on-site to manage traffic flow. Pedestrians and cyclists will be directed around the work areas marked by traffic cones while maintaining physical distance from workers.
Replacement of fixtures and poles will require a lift truck, equipment, and materials. Expect reduced pedestrian capacity and possible temporary obstruction on the trail during work. Traffic control and detour routes will be provided. Work will be scheduled outside of busy times.
Facilities Construction Management