The purpose of this project is to complete preventative maintenance and replacement of valves and fittings along the water and sewer mains. Replacing the selected valves and fittings along the water and sewer mains will extend the lifespan of the existing infrastructure, and mitigate future unplanned repairs.
Water main and repair location
- Northlands Blvd to Lorimer Road N
- Highway 99 and Spruce Grove Way
- Fitzsimmons Road N
- Northlands Blvd Cul De Sac
- Spruce Grove Way and Intersection of Mons Road
- Valley Trail North and East of 4388 Northlands Blvd
- 4388 Northalnds Blvd
- Spruce Grove Way to Highway 99 Intersection
Sewer Main repair location
- Valley Trail parallel to Hwy 99 north of Village Gate Blvd
- Northlands Blvd to South of Lorimer Rd
- Northlands Blvd to North of Lorimer Rd
- Valley Trail North Side of 4405 Blackcomb Way
- Blackcomb Way to North of Lorimer Rd
- Northlands Blvd to Blackcomb Way
The design and assessment were completed by R.F. Binnie and Associates Ltd. in 2020 and 2021. Invitation to tender for construction work is scheduled for January 2022. The contract was awarded to Drake Excavating Ltd.
Timeline and Scope
- 2020/2021 - Assessment of water and sewer systems, and designs
- Winter 2022 - Procurement and Council Approval
- Spring to Fall 2022 - Construction
Expect equipment noise and increased numbers of construction vehicles. Pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured around the work site. This will be clearly marked with traffic cones, and traffic control persons when required.