The Resort Municipality of Whistler is committed to protecting the health and safety of its residents, visitors and staff. WorkSafe BC requires a COVID-19 Safety Plan for any business resuming operations following interruptions due to COVID-19.
Facility-specific procedures have also been introduced to ensure safe operations as RMOW programs and services resume. View the latest status of municipal operations at whistler.ca/COVID-19.
In accordance with provincial health directives:
- If you have travelled outside Canada, you must self-isolate for the mandatory 14 days before you will be permitted on our premises.
- Please stay home if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or you live in a household where someone is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Municipal Hall public access procedures
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, which primarily displays as a persistent cough, will not be permitted on the premises. If you are sick, please stay home.
- Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands prior to entering the facility.
- Physical distancing is required at all times (minimum of 2 meters). In order to achieve these requirements, the RMOW is limiting the number of customers in the facility and will use signs, marking and one-way travel in the facility.
- An outdoor waiting area with markers is set up outside the facility.
- Failure to observe physical distancing risks the closure of the facility, and as such, you will be asked to leave the premises.
- There are no public washrooms available at Municipal Hall at this time.
- The RMOW encourages customers to complete transactions on-line or by phone rather than attending the Municipal Hall in person.
- The Customer Service counter is fitted with physical barriers between the customer and RMOW staff.
- We encourage financial transactions to be conducted electronically. Cash is accepted.
- The RMOW has increased cleaning protocols for commonly touched surfaces consistent with health agency recommendations to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers. As such, the period between transactions may take longer. We thank customers for their patience.