You can get up to $10,000 in rebates for qualifying energy - efficient upgrades to the insulation, water, heating, windows, and space heating for your home.
Did you know? Homes and businesses in Whistler consume a significant amount of energy.
With a few small changes, many homes and businesses in Whistler can easily reduce their energy use and greenhouse gas emissions to become cost effective.
Heat pump rebates
Receive up to $4,000 in rebates when you upgrade to a heat pump for heating and cooling your home.
The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) in partnership with CleanBC Better Homes & Better Buildings is excited to make this rebate program available in 2019 on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Through the program, Better Homes & Better Buildings is offering $2,000 and the RMOW is offering an additional $2,000. The heat pump rebate is available to Whistler residents who switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) heating system to an electric air-source heat-pump.
Heat pumps use electricity to efficiently heat and cool your whole home. They save energy, improve year-round home comfort, enhance indoor air quality, and reduce your carbon footprint.
Power Down to Save Up
Learn how to make your home more energy efficient and earn a $250 rebate by participating in the RMOW’s Power Down to Save Up Home Energy Assessment program.
More rebates with CleanBC Better Homes & Better Buildings
EfficiencyBC has re-branded to CleanBC Better Homes for low-rise homes and CleanBC Better Buildings for commercial, institutional, and MURBS. Many more rebates and incentives are available through Better Homes and Better Buildings to homeowners and businesses across British Columbia when they make energy efficient upgrades to their homes.
Homeowner incentives include:
- Up to $5,500 in rebates for energy efficient insulation upgrades.
- Up to $3,00 in rebates for energy efficient windows & door upgrades.
- Up to $2,000 for homeowners who undertake multiple upgrades and complete energy assessments on their home.
- $300 for hiring an EnerGuide Home Energy Advisor to do a personalized energy assessment of your home.
- Free energy coaching services by phone and email to help homeowners make decisions about renovation projects.
Business incentives include:
- Whole building, performance-based offer of $40 - $70 per tonne of GHG reductions (up to $200,000) integrated with partner utility and BC Housing offers.
- Up to $20,000 for energy studies to identify cost-effective improvements.