Receive up to $13,700 in rebates and municipal top-ups for qualifying energy - efficient upgrades to the insulation, water, heating, windows, and space heating for your home.
Did you know? Homes and businesses in Whistler consume a significant amount of energy.
With a few small changes, many homes and businesses in Whistler can easily reduce their energy use and greenhouse gas emissions to become cost effective.
Municipal top up funding comes from grant money accumulated from the Climate Action and Rebate Incentive Program (CARIP) . Top-ups can be seen below;
Receive up to $6,000 in rebates when you upgrade to a heat pump for heating and cooling your home.
Through the program, CleanBC Better Homes is offering up to $3,500 and the RMOW is offering an additional $2,500, this includes the electrical service upgrade incentives). The heat pump rebate is available to Whistler residents who switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) heating system to an electric air-source heat-pump on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Heat pumps use electricity to efficiently heat and cool your whole home. They save energy, improve year-round home comfort, enhance indoor air quality, and reduce your carbon footprint.
Electrical service upgrade
Starting fall 2019, the RMOW is offering a $500 top up for electrical service upgrades (for heat pump installation). Combine that with the rebate available from CleanBC Better Homes and you have up to $1,000 to claim back.
Heat pump water heater
Also from October 1, 2019, is a $1,000 top-up for a heat pump water heater. A $1,000 rebate is already available from CleanBC so you can save up to $2,000 on the installation of a water heater, who could say no to that?
An ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater is the most efficient way to hear hot waTer with the electricity and is the most climate-friendly form of water heating available in BC.
Power Down to Save Up
Learn how to make your home more energy efficient and earn a $250 rebate by participating in the RMOW’s Power Down to Save Up Home Energy Assessment program.
More rebates with CleanBC Better Homes & Better Buildings
EfficiencyBC has re-branded to CleanBC Better Homes for low-rise homes and CleanBC Better Buildings for commercial, institutional, and MURBS. Many more rebates and incentives are available through Better Homes and Better Buildings to homeowners and businesses across British Columbia when they make energy efficient upgrades to their homes.
Homeowner incentives include:
- Up to $5,500 in rebates for energy efficient insulation upgrades.
- Up to $3,00 in rebates for energy efficient windows & door upgrades.
- Up to $2,000 for homeowners who undertake multiple upgrades and complete energy assessments on their home.
- $300 for hiring an EnerGuide Home Energy Advisor to do a personalized energy assessment of your home.
- Free energy coaching services by phone and email to help homeowners make decisions about renovation projects.
Business incentives include:
- Whole building, performance-based offer of $40 - $70 per tonne of GHG reductions (up to $200,000) integrated with partner utility and BC Housing offers.
- Up to $20,000 for energy studies to identify cost-effective improvements.