Whistler is a great place to live or visit. Make sure you keep yourself safe at home or when going out.
Follow these tips to keep yourself safe:
- Stay with friends when going out in Whistler. Whether it is on the mountain or at local establishments, stay together.
- Never leave your drink unattended and only take a drink that has been opened or poured in front of you.
- Know where you are staying, including the address or hotel name.
- Be aware that there are bears in Whistler. Educate yourself on what to do if you encounter a bear.
- Never feed the bears and always clean up your garbage, recycling and compost. Don't leave any attractants outside your home.
- Lock up your personal belongings and record serial numbers of any of your valuable possessions.
- Walk on the trails provided but if you have to walk on the roadway, wear reflective clothing. There are many areas in Whistler that do not have street lighting.
- Know your local emergency phone numbers.