The RMOW and its partner organizations have developed tools, which support multi-family accommodation properties of 12 units or more with the implementation of new or updated waste management systems.
Implementing recycling and organics collections in shared strata properties can mean separate approaches are needed to communicate and engage all property users- residentrial, rental or commercial. A Waste Solutions Guide on Recycling and Reducing Food Waste in Multi-Family Accommmodation Properties has been produced to support strata property managers and residents.
Commercial and Strata Property Bylaw Update
A new bylaw to help Whistler achieve its community waste reduction and climate change targets, as well as regional waste commitments was adopted by Council in September 2017. Commercial and strata owners should be working with their waste hauler to add compost into their waste collection program.
- Whistler's Zero Waste Strategy
- Resort Municipality of Whistler updated Solid Waste Bylaw no. 2139 2017
- SLRD Solid Waste and Resource Management Plan 2016
Toolkits for inside Multi-Family Accommodation Properties
- Reducing household garbage
- Recycling in Whistler – how and what to recycle locally
- Composting in Whistler how and what to compost locally
- Composting poster - what goes in and what stays out of the food scraps and organics bin
- Small organics bin label
- Free Printable signs in multiple formats for in strata units and the garbage room
- AWARE's 2017 Accommodation Strata Waste pilot project