Whistler has two residential solid waste and recycling depots:
- Function Junction Depot – 1001 Lynham Road
- Nester’s Depot – 8010 Nesters Road
The depots are open for all single family residents and residential complexes of less than 12 units who pay the annual Operation Fee. Depot hours are from 7 a.m to 7 p.m. daily.
- Operating hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Attendant onsite to assist with recycling, composting and garbage.
- Recycling options for plastic film, Styrofoam and milk cartons.
- Signage on what can be dropped off at the depots and what needs to be taken to the Waste Transfer Station
As required by Bylaw 1861 – Garbage Disposal and Wildlife Attractants, commercial users need to take all garbage and recycling to the Waste Transfer Station in the Callaghan Valley. Commercial compost can be dropped off at the Whistler depots.
Agreement with MMBC
The changes are a result of updates to the BC Recycling Regulations through Multi-Material British Columbia (MMBC), a non-profit organization that was formed to represent producers of packaging and printed paper (PPP).
As mandated by the BC Provincial Government, MMBC designed the new Stewardship Program that was implemented across BC. Whistler reached an agreement with MMBC in September 2013.
The Whistler depot changes will improve the level of service and save money for the RMOW and Whistler taxpayers. The changes are also expected to reduce contamination of Whistler’s recycling stream to three per cent, as required to ensure the materials get properly recycled.
Help reduce waste in Whistler
For more information about recycling, visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia website.
RMOW Infrastructure Services