The Resort Municipality of Whistler has a range of routine operations and maintenance duties that ensures it provides clean drinking water to its residents year round.
- White Gold Water Main Replacement
- Water Reservoir Inspection and Maintenance
- Cross Connection Control Program
- Water Main Flushing Program
- Water Infrastructure
The RMOW regularly inspects and cleans its 16 reservoirs to ensure they remain operational and do not contaminate Whistler’s drinking water.
All of Whistler's reservoirs are scheduled to be inspected by either remote vehicles or scuba divers every two years to ensure residents do not experience unexpected service interruptions or water quality problems.
Inspection includes reviews of:
- Structural integrity;
- The condition of internal equipment, such as pipes, ladders, access points, vent structures, valves, etc.; and
- Sediment build-up.