Food and beverage establishments

A valid Business Licence is required for food premises in which food is processed, served or dispensed to the public, and intended for immediate consumption.

Online business licence applications are available for food and beverage businesses, including:

  • Bars and Lounges
  • Night Clubs
  • Restaurants
  • Catering
  • Cafes
  • Bakeries
  • Food Trucks ( Food Trucks are only permitted in Whistler as an approved vendor with the Parks Food Truck program  or at private events on private property where the public is NOT invited or as part of a sanctioned Resort Municipality of Whistler event. )

Apply for a Business Licence

1. Apply for a valid Permit to Operate through Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.

 2. Apply for a Liquor Licence (if the business serves liquor).
You will be required to upload a copy of the liquor licence as part of the online application process.

3. Complete a Solid Waste Management PlanLearn more.
You will be required to submit this plan as part of the online application process.

4. Review the Fire Safety Checklist for commercial locations to prepare for and pass your fire inspection.

5. Apply online for a food and beverage establishment business licence.​


A one-time, nonrefundable application fee of $25 applies to all new applications. Learn more about licence fees and payment options.

The annual licence fees for food and beverage establishments are as follows:

  • No Liquor Licence: $200
  • Food primary Liquor Licence: $50 + $2 per person as per Liquor Licence
  • Liquor Primary Liquor: Licence $50 + $5 per person as per Liquor Licence


Bylaw Department 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email