A home occupation business is a business based within a residential home in the Resort Municipality of Whistler. Home occupation business licence applications get reviewed to ensure they meet bylaw regulations.
Regulations for all home occupation licences
To prevent delays in receiving your business licence, ensure that your home meets these requirements before sending in your application:
- Alterations have not been made to any building in a residential zone to indicate it is being used for any purpose other than residence;
- No products or goods are or will be stored outside of the building;
- The maximum number of persons who do not normally occupy the dwelling unit engaged in a home occupation use is one (Bylaw No. 1656);
- No products or materials are stored outside of a principal building or auxiliary building;
- No products or materials are sold from a home occupation use which is located in a residential zone.
If the application involves a strata unit a strata waiver is required to be signed by the applicant. The waiver is supplied to the applicant by the Resort Municipality of Whistler Bylaw Department after the application has been submitted.
The application timeline is approximately five to 10 business days.
Typically home occupation business licenses are $165.