The application period for the 2017 Community Enrichment Program is now closed.
Each year, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) financially supports local non-profit organizations and societies that benefit the resort community and move it closer to the Whistler2020 vision through the Community Enrichment Program (CEP) and Fee for Service agreements.
To qualify for a grant through the Community Enrichment Program, applicants must operate in one of the following categories: Environment, Social Service, Community Service, Recreation and Sport, or Arts and Culture.
The amount provided to each selected organization varies but can only be up to 50 per cent of a program's total cost.
Funding will be evaluated by Council in accordance with Council Policy A-7 Community Enrichment Program and funding must contribute to the general interest and advantage of the Whistler community.
Organizations applying for 2017 Community Enrichment Program funding will be required to make a presentation to Council on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and submit a completed Report Back Form to the Legislative Services Department before December 1 of the same year.
Important Dates for the 2017 Community Enrichment Program
|Thursday, January 26, 2017||CEP application period opens.|
|Wednesday, February 15, 2017||CEP application period closes at 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 7, 2017||CEP applicants make required presentations to Council at the Committee of the Whole meeting.|
|Tuesday, April 11, 2017||Council approves and announces the 2017 CEP funding to be awarded at the Regular Council meeting.|
|Friday, April 28, 2017||CEP funds are issued by the end of April 2017.|
|Friday, December 1, 2017||Deadline for receiving CEP Report Backs from all 2017 recipients.|
|Tuesday, December 5, 2017||Presentations to Council at the Regular Council meeting by organizations who received $10,000.00 or more.|
|Tuesday, December 19, 2017||2017 CEP Report Backs are published in the Regular Council meeting package.|
Twenty-eight organizations were awarded funding to a total of $134,575
- Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment (AWARE): $8,000
- Whistler Naturalists Society: $9,000
- North Shore Schizophrenia Society: $3,700
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Communities that Care: $3,100
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Whistler Parent-Tot Program: $10,000
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Whistler Multicultural Network: $4,900
- Howe Sound Women's Centre Society (HSWC) - Whistler Women's Centre: $8,000
- Howe Sound Women's Centre Society (HSWC) - Children Who Witness Abuse: $6,000
- Whistler Waldorf School Society: $2,500
- Zero Ceiling Society of Canada: $2,000
- Whistler Community Services Society (WCSS) - Whistler Tool Library: $6,000
- Myrtle Philip Community School (MPCS) - Parents Advisory Council (PAC): $0
- Whistler Secondary School Scholarship: $2,000
- parkrun Canada: $0
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program Society (WASP): $7,000
- BC Luge Association: $2,000
- Whistler Gymnastics Club: $6,150
- Whistler Minor Hockey Association: $6,000
- Whistler Mountain Ski Club: $4,250
- Whistler Nordics Ski Club: $5,425
- Whistler Blackcomb Freestyle Ski Club: $2,925
- Whistler 2010 Sport Legacies Society: $0
- Whistler Sailing Association: $7,000
- Whistler Sea Wolves Swim Club: $1,875
- Whistler Skating Club: $3,000
- BC School Sports: $0
- Whistler Youth Soccer Club: $8,000
- Whistler Roller Girls Society: $1,000
- First Nations Snowboard Associaton: $4,000
- Whistler Writing Society (The Vicious Circle): $3,000
- The Point Artist-Run Centre Society: $3,750
- Whistler Children's Chorus: $2,000
- Whistler Valley Quilters' Guild: $2,000
For more information, view the 2017 CEP Applications as published in the Committee of the Whole package of March 7, 2017 and 2016 CEP Report Backs as published in the Regular Council package of December 20, 2016.
Council may provide Community Enrichment funding to any not-for-profit organization or society pursuant to the Community Charter. Grants are issued on an annual basis and are subject to the availability of funds in the RMOW's current year’s budget. Approval of a funding application in any year does not imply or suggest that approval will be received in subsequent years.
Legislative and Privacy Coordinator