Land use in Whistler is regulated by the Zoning and Parking Bylaw 303, 2015 or by a land use contract.
The Zoning and Parking Bylaw 303, 2015 and land use contracts regulate the use of land, buildings and structures. They also require the provision of parking and loading spaces and associated landscaping.
To determine the regulations pertaining to a property, use the RMOW's GIS Interactive Mapping Tool by following the steps below:
- Under Search, enter the property’s address to locate the property on the screen;
- Under Legend, click Property Information and place a check in the box beside Zoning and the map will display the current zone(s) or land use contract for the property;
- Turn off the Zoning layer and click on the property;
- Click on the Bylaw Link in the left column and this will link you directly to that zone in the Zoning and Parking Bylaw 303, 2015; and
- If the Zoning layer displays a land use contract, this indicates the property is subject to a land use contract, which is registered on the property's title.
To obtain copies of land use contracts, you may contact lawyers, notaries, land surveyors or independent registry agents. The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia provides links to contact information here.
If the Zoning layer displays multiple zones, refer to the Zoning and Parking Bylaw 303, 2015 for the zone.