All the information you need to be ready to register for recreation programs and classes.
Tips to help have a great registration experience:
Click on each item to learn more:
- Mark your diary with key registration dates.
- Complete the registration checklist.
- Explore online and in-person registration options.
- Make sure you have an active account.
- Review important information for resident and non-resident accounts.
- Know the payment options.
- See cancellations and refund policies and registration service agreements.
Registered recreation programs and classes are offered seasonally, during spring/summer and fall/winter. Registration opens twice a year and popular programs often book up quickly.
Things will look different this year amongst the COVID 19 pandemic restrictions. Only select programs and classes will be available for this Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 registration. Resident and non-resident registration is available online or over the phone. There will be no in-person registration at Meadow Park Sports Centre this year.
Save the Date!
Fall/Winter 2020 online resident registration will begin Sunday, August 9 at 6 a.m. New families for Kids on the Go after school and full day care programs will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrollment at that time.
- Before you register for a class or program you need an active account. Set up a new account by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) from Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Or make sure you have your online account login details ready before registration day. See more information about accounts below.
- Once you have set up your new account, add your family members and check your details are correct.
- If you are a Whistler resident, check you have verified your residency status.
- Browse programs, plan your dates and times before registration day. Once registration opens, you can book your classes in this online portal.
- Online for select programs
- By Phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529) – Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or for Kids on the Go programs by email email@example.com after the intial registration date of August 9th.
Kids on the Go: New families will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrolment on Sunday, August 9 starting at 6 a.m.
Registering by phone:
You can register for programs by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre or Myrtle Philip Community School during business hours. Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Before you register for a class or program you will have to have an active account. Set up a new account by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or make sure you have your online account login details ready before registration day.
If you already have an account make sure you know your login and password prior to registering for programs.
Please note – On August 1, 2018 a new online account, registration and facility bookings system replaced the previous online program registration portal. If your login is an account PIN or customer number, this is your old login.
You can create a new account by contacting the Meadow Park Sports Centre front counter team by phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529)
Resident accounts – Resident accounts are available for customers who live in Whistler. You will need to verify your residency status with the Meadow Park Sports Centre front counter team. Proof of residency is required in the form or a valid driver’s licence, a utility bill with your current address or via the tax roll.
If you haven't verified your residency status, your account will default to non-resident.
Non-resident accounts – If you live outside of Whistler, you can still join registered classes and programs. Non-residents will have different registration opening dates and a non-resident registered program fee may apply.
The RMOW has a Non-resident Registered Program Fee policy for recreational programs, at a surcharge rate of 33 per cent.
Only certain registered programs (e.g. swimming lessons, skating programs, fitness programs, etc.) are subject to the non-resident fee.
Drop-in rates, passes, licensed childcare programs, personal training programs and Registration Service Agreement (RSA) programs are the same price for residents and non-residents.
- Full payment is due at time of registration. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or debit card are accepted for payment. Payment plans are available for after school care days of the Kids on the Go program.
- Registrations by phone must be paid in full with a credit card.
- Account credits (including P.L.A.Y credits) –Credit values and P.L.A.Y credits will not be available for online registration and full payment via credit card will be required to register for Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 programs online. You can use your credit when registering by phone at Meadow Park Sports Centre or Myrtle Philip Community School.
- All program fees have taxes added where applicable.
P.L.A.Y. - Program and Leisure Assistance for You:
The RMOW wants everyone to have an opportunity to have access to municipal recreation programs and services. You and each family member may be eligible for financial assistance.
To find out if you qualify for P.L.A.Y., contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8369 or Whistler Community Services Society at 604-932-0113.
P.L.A.Y credits will not be available for online registration and full payment via credit card will be required to register for Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 programs online. You can use your credit when registering by phone at Meadow Park Sports Centre or Myrtle Philip Community School.
Kids on the Move Sports Fund:
Kids on the Move Sports Fund is designed to help send children/youth of financially restricted families to coach led sport activities. Interested families who qualify financially are asked to apply with a WCSS Outreach Worker. The maximum grant allowed is $400.00 per year.
For more information and to register, please contact WCSS at 604-932-0113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Kids on the Go and summer camp registrations a full calendar month's notice is required for cancellations (i.e. for any October cancellations you need to inform us in writing at email@example.com by August 31).
- A minimum number of participants are require to recover costs for recreation programs, and programs can be cancelled if people wait until the last minute to register. Avoid disappointment – register early.
- Programs with insufficient registration will be cancelled up to seven days prior to the start date, and the RMOW will issue a full refund.
- If an individual cancels from a program seven days or more prior to the start of a program, a full refund, minus a $20 administration fee, will be provided. No refunds will be issued after this period. In medical cases, refunds are pro-rated and a doctor’s note is required.
Registration Service Agreements
The Resort Municipality of Whistler has partnered with various organizations that provide quality specialty programs that we cannot offer ourselves. These organizations are responsible for the delivery of the program and can be recognized in the program descriptions by their organizational logo or “RSA” beside the program name.
If you have any questions about establishing a Registration Service Agreement with the RMOW, please contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8369.